St John the Evangelist, Ivybridge




Diary of Events


Maurice Eglinton formerly of Hele & Co, who is also one of our members, was present to give a talk about the organ and to answer questions.

St. John the Evangelist at Ivybridge has a small, two manual organ that was built in 1880. Most of the organ is original. The main part of the organ is in the Choir Vestry, with the console fitted into an archway through to the north side of the choir, with the upper part of the arch framing the attractively painted and stencilled display pipes. In 1967 it was fitted with a balanced swell pedal and a new pedal board. A new stop was added and the keys were re-covered with ivory. The organ now has eleven speaking stops and three couplers.


To see the NPOR details of this organ, Visit: NPOR Index N12983

If there any stops that you've never heard of, or wonder what they are, go to:  
Return to Album