Church of St Mary the Virgin in Churston Ferrers was
built in the 14th Century in the perpendicular style.
It has a large tower which contains six bells and a
clock. Crime novelist, Agatha Christie, attended the
church regularly when she lived nearby. In 1956 she
donated the royalties from one of her books to pay for
a stained glass window, which was designed by Bideford
artist, James Patterson.
The window, in pale greens
and mauves depicts Jesus as the Good Shepherd.