building is a fine example of Victorian Gothic
architecture. It stands in the heart of the town
centre with a return frontage to Tower Street itself.
The building has a grade II listing and is in a
conservation area. The
premises consist of two main areas: the sanctuary area
and the ancillary rooms. Designed by W. J. Morley of
Bradford and built by Mr. Ginson of Exeter, the
original building was opened in 1897 and is in the
decorated Gothic style.
It has a fine tower/spire reaching up some 90 feet at
the northeast corner of the building.
This makes it a feature of the Exmouth skyline!
The main sanctuary area consists of a large nave and
apse area with transepts to the east and west. It has
a fine wood panelled roof with matching panelled wall
surrounds. There is a sizeable tiered balcony accessed
by two staircases.
There is a fine three manual organ which has been
overhauled in recent years, is regularly maintained,
and forms a vital part of our Sunday worship.
Palm Sunday of 2006 saw the re-opening of the church
following 6 months of development work. The original
pews were removed, the apse area extended forward into
the church to reflect the octagonal shaping of the
rear windowed wall, a new glass screen erected at the
rear of the church to provide an extended lobby - now
much used following the Sunday service as a place to
meet, have a coffee and chat and finally a new
kitchenette from which to serve the coffee. With the
new chairs in situ the church easily lends itself to
alternative layouts for services and concerts etc.
which has allowed our church to become one of the
popular choices for events put on by local community